Jul 15, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
Free agency can be tough for players that aren’t superstar goal scorers or shut-down defenders. Such is the case for Paul Bissonnette.
While you likely know Bissonnette better as “BizNasty” from his work on Twitter, his job as a fourth liner with the Arizona Coyotes appears to be up now that they’ve acquired B.J. Crombeen from the Tampa Bay Lightning.
As Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona shared, Bissonnette is upset to leave the team that’s helped him become a NHL celebrity despite the lack of flashy statistics.
“It sucks,” the Coyotes’ fan favorite said Tuesday. “It’s really sad because I had a blast there for five years. I met a lot of awesome people — got really close with the fans and the community and I’ll really miss them.”
During his five seasons in the desert, Bissonnette racked up seven goals, 21 points and 318 penalty minutes in 187 games.
As for where BizNasty may wind up next, he said he’s not sure yet but he’s talking with a couple different teams. He also said he hasn’t ruled out playing in Europe. If you’ll recall, he suited up for Cardiff Devils in Wales during the most recent lockout.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5