Jul 15, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
Free agency can be tough for players that aren’t superstar goal scorers or shut-down defenders. Such is the case for Paul Bissonnette.
While you likely know Bissonnette better as “BizNasty” from his work on Twitter, his job as a fourth liner with the Arizona Coyotes appears to be up now that they’ve acquired B.J. Crombeen from the Tampa Bay Lightning.
As Craig Morgan of Fox Sports Arizona shared, Bissonnette is upset to leave the team that’s helped him become a NHL celebrity despite the lack of flashy statistics.
“It sucks,” the Coyotes’ fan favorite said Tuesday. “It’s really sad because I had a blast there for five years. I met a lot of awesome people — got really close with the fans and the community and I’ll really miss them.”
During his five seasons in the desert, Bissonnette racked up seven goals, 21 points and 318 penalty minutes in 187 games.
As for where BizNasty may wind up next, he said he’s not sure yet but he’s talking with a couple different teams. He also said he hasn’t ruled out playing in Europe. If you’ll recall, he suited up for Cardiff Devils in Wales during the most recent lockout.
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 0
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 8
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 6
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 28
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)