Jul 14, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
With Brad Richards signed for a year, the pressure on Blackhawks prospect Teuvo Teravainen to make the NHL in 2014-15 has been considerably lessened.
Based on Chicago’s depth chart, it seems a good bet that Teravainen, 19, will start the following season in Rockford with the club’s AHL team.
Which is fine with him.
“I play where they put me and just try to have a good time here and work hard,” Teravainen said this weekend at Blackhawks prospect camp.
“Of course I want to play in the NHL,” he added later. “But if I go to Rockford, I’ll just try to work hard, play good and be ready all the time.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53