Jul 14, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
With Brad Richards signed for a year, the pressure on Blackhawks prospect Teuvo Teravainen to make the NHL in 2014-15 has been considerably lessened.
Based on Chicago’s depth chart, it seems a good bet that Teravainen, 19, will start the following season in Rockford with the club’s AHL team.
Which is fine with him.
“I play where they put me and just try to have a good time here and work hard,” Teravainen said this weekend at Blackhawks prospect camp.
“Of course I want to play in the NHL,” he added later. “But if I go to Rockford, I’ll just try to work hard, play good and be ready all the time.”
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)