Jul 14, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
With Brad Richards signed for a year, the pressure on Blackhawks prospect Teuvo Teravainen to make the NHL in 2014-15 has been considerably lessened.
Based on Chicago’s depth chart, it seems a good bet that Teravainen, 19, will start the following season in Rockford with the club’s AHL team.
Which is fine with him.
“I play where they put me and just try to have a good time here and work hard,” Teravainen said this weekend at Blackhawks prospect camp.
“Of course I want to play in the NHL,” he added later. “But if I go to Rockford, I’ll just try to work hard, play good and be ready all the time.”
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 22
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)