Jul 14, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
With Brad Richards signed for a year, the pressure on Blackhawks prospect Teuvo Teravainen to make the NHL in 2014-15 has been considerably lessened.
Based on Chicago’s depth chart, it seems a good bet that Teravainen, 19, will start the following season in Rockford with the club’s AHL team.
Which is fine with him.
“I play where they put me and just try to have a good time here and work hard,” Teravainen said this weekend at Blackhawks prospect camp.
“Of course I want to play in the NHL,” he added later. “But if I go to Rockford, I’ll just try to work hard, play good and be ready all the time.”
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)