Jul 14, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
With Brad Richards signed for a year, the pressure on Blackhawks prospect Teuvo Teravainen to make the NHL in 2014-15 has been considerably lessened.
Based on Chicago’s depth chart, it seems a good bet that Teravainen, 19, will start the following season in Rockford with the club’s AHL team.
Which is fine with him.
“I play where they put me and just try to have a good time here and work hard,” Teravainen said this weekend at Blackhawks prospect camp.
“Of course I want to play in the NHL,” he added later. “But if I go to Rockford, I’ll just try to work hard, play good and be ready all the time.”
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)