Jul 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
After being bought out by the Arizona Coyotes, Mike Ribeiro will soon have a new team to call his own.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Ribeiro will make a decision this week as to who he will sign with. Reportedly his choices comes down to one team from the Eastern Conference and the other in the Western Conference. Safe to say we can exclude Arizona, Dallas, Montreal, and Washington from that list of possibilities.
Arizona in particular had a hard time with Ribeiro as they bought him out this summer after playing just one season in the desert. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said “behavioral issues” led them to make the decision to buy out Ribeiro.
Now the question is: Which teams need help at center so much they’re considering a guy who got chewed out so badly by another team’s GM.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (46)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)