Jul 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
After being bought out by the Arizona Coyotes, Mike Ribeiro will soon have a new team to call his own.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Ribeiro will make a decision this week as to who he will sign with. Reportedly his choices comes down to one team from the Eastern Conference and the other in the Western Conference. Safe to say we can exclude Arizona, Dallas, Montreal, and Washington from that list of possibilities.
Arizona in particular had a hard time with Ribeiro as they bought him out this summer after playing just one season in the desert. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said “behavioral issues” led them to make the decision to buy out Ribeiro.
Now the question is: Which teams need help at center so much they’re considering a guy who got chewed out so badly by another team’s GM.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 28
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)