Jul 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
After being bought out by the Arizona Coyotes, Mike Ribeiro will soon have a new team to call his own.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Ribeiro will make a decision this week as to who he will sign with. Reportedly his choices comes down to one team from the Eastern Conference and the other in the Western Conference. Safe to say we can exclude Arizona, Dallas, Montreal, and Washington from that list of possibilities.
Arizona in particular had a hard time with Ribeiro as they bought him out this summer after playing just one season in the desert. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said “behavioral issues” led them to make the decision to buy out Ribeiro.
Now the question is: Which teams need help at center so much they’re considering a guy who got chewed out so badly by another team’s GM.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)