Jul 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
After being bought out by the Arizona Coyotes, Mike Ribeiro will soon have a new team to call his own.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Ribeiro will make a decision this week as to who he will sign with. Reportedly his choices comes down to one team from the Eastern Conference and the other in the Western Conference. Safe to say we can exclude Arizona, Dallas, Montreal, and Washington from that list of possibilities.
Arizona in particular had a hard time with Ribeiro as they bought him out this summer after playing just one season in the desert. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said “behavioral issues” led them to make the decision to buy out Ribeiro.
Now the question is: Which teams need help at center so much they’re considering a guy who got chewed out so badly by another team’s GM.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5