Jul 14, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
After being bought out by the Arizona Coyotes, Mike Ribeiro will soon have a new team to call his own.
Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports Ribeiro will make a decision this week as to who he will sign with. Reportedly his choices comes down to one team from the Eastern Conference and the other in the Western Conference. Safe to say we can exclude Arizona, Dallas, Montreal, and Washington from that list of possibilities.
Arizona in particular had a hard time with Ribeiro as they bought him out this summer after playing just one season in the desert. Coyotes GM Don Maloney said “behavioral issues” led them to make the decision to buy out Ribeiro.
Now the question is: Which teams need help at center so much they’re considering a guy who got chewed out so badly by another team’s GM.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 5
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12