Jul 14, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
While the Florida Panthers have a lot of youth at forward, they’ve locked up another of their young defensemen.
Last season, he played in 44 games for Florida and had three goals and 12 points. After playing in 28 games for the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2011-12 season, he made the most of his time this season trying to establish himself as an offensively productive defender.
With vets like Brian Campbell and Willie Mitchell around, the Panthers defense is a bit green with Gudbranson, Alex Petrovic, Dmitry Kulikov, and Colby Robak. If Olsen can improve his game from last season, he can help make Florida’s top-six a bit sturdier.
Related: The Panthers also re-signed forwards Ryan Martindale and Garrett Wilson. They’ll likely pick up where they left off in AHL San Antonio.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)