Jul 12, 2014, 7:11 PM EDT
The 23-year-old scored two assists in 11 games with Calgary last season, also collecting 31 points in 55 contests with the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat.
He was part of the trade that sent Jarome Iginla to the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2012-13, which explains why he appeared in five games (collecting one goal) in that season, as well. (The Flames also acquired Kenny Agostino and a first-rounder that became Morgan Klimchuk in that deadline deal.)
The Penguins selected him in the third round (63rd overall) of the 2009 NHL Draft.
It appears that the Flames still have some work to do regarding restricted free agents:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50