Jul 12, 2014, 7:11 PM EST
The 23-year-old scored two assists in 11 games with Calgary last season, also collecting 31 points in 55 contests with the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat.
He was part of the trade that sent Jarome Iginla to the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2012-13, which explains why he appeared in five games (collecting one goal) in that season, as well. (The Flames also acquired Kenny Agostino and a first-rounder that became Morgan Klimchuk in that deadline deal.)
The Penguins selected him in the third round (63rd overall) of the 2009 NHL Draft.
It appears that the Flames still have some work to do regarding restricted free agents:
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11