Jul 12, 2014, 7:11 PM EDT
The 23-year-old scored two assists in 11 games with Calgary last season, also collecting 31 points in 55 contests with the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat.
He was part of the trade that sent Jarome Iginla to the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2012-13, which explains why he appeared in five games (collecting one goal) in that season, as well. (The Flames also acquired Kenny Agostino and a first-rounder that became Morgan Klimchuk in that deadline deal.)
The Penguins selected him in the third round (63rd overall) of the 2009 NHL Draft.
It appears that the Flames still have some work to do regarding restricted free agents:
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25