Jul 12, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have announced that they have signed defenseman Cameron Gaunce to a one-year deal. The club has a policy of not releasing financial terms, but it’s a two-way contract that will pay him $650,000 at the NHL level, according to the Dallas Morning News.
The 24-year-old was one of the 17 players that filed for arbitration and he was given a hearing date of July 25. The Stars still need to agree to terms with Antoine Roussel by July 22 if they want to avoid arbitration entirely.
Gaunce participated in nine contests with Dallas last season and averaged 13:50 minutes per game. He also had three goals, 15 assists, and 73 penalty minutes in 65 regular season contests with the AHL Texas Stars and then participated in 18 of 21 playoff games during their Calder Cup-winning run.
He’s been a member of the Dallas Stars organization since April 2, 2013 when they acquired him from Colorado in exchange for Tomas Vincour.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 13
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)