Jul 11, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed their 2014 first-round draft pick, Kasperi Kapanen, to a three-year entry-level contract.
Pittsburgh general manager Jim Rutherford believes there’s a chance Kapanen could crack the Pens’ roster next season.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2