Jul 11, 2014, 11:27 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed their 2014 first-round draft pick, Kasperi Kapanen, to a three-year entry-level contract.
Pittsburgh general manager Jim Rutherford believes there’s a chance Kapanen could crack the Pens’ roster next season.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 1
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28