Jul 11, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
Morrow spent the 2013-14 season in St. Louis, where he scored 13 times with 12 assists in 71 games for the Blues. The 35-year-old spent the large majority of his career with the Dallas Stars, before he was traded to Pittsburgh in 2013.
Morrow may not be the player he was in Dallas, or for Team Canada during the 2010 Olympics, but he’s the kind of veteran that Stanley Cup hopefuls often bring aboard to provide leadership and experience.
Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman was the architect of that 2010 Canadian team that won gold in Vancouver.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55