Jul 11, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Leblanc, 23, was a first-round pick (13th overall) by the Montreal Canadiens in 2009. The Habs traded his rights to Anaheim for a conditional fifth-rounder in 2015 back in June.
Leblanc failed to score a point in eight games with Montreal last season. He actually saw his most NHL time in 2011-12 when he scored 10 points in 42 contests. His AHL numbers weren’t overwhelming in 2013-14, either; he scored 28 points and generated 63 penalty minutes in 70 games with the Hamilton Bulldogs.
It’s easy to see why Montreal might have lost patience with the prospect, but perhaps he’ll eventually blossom in California.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)