Jul 11, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
Leblanc, 23, was a first-round pick (13th overall) by the Montreal Canadiens in 2009. The Habs traded his rights to Anaheim for a conditional fifth-rounder in 2015 back in June.
Leblanc failed to score a point in eight games with Montreal last season. He actually saw his most NHL time in 2011-12 when he scored 10 points in 42 contests. His AHL numbers weren’t overwhelming in 2013-14, either; he scored 28 points and generated 63 penalty minutes in 70 games with the Hamilton Bulldogs.
It’s easy to see why Montreal might have lost patience with the prospect, but perhaps he’ll eventually blossom in California.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)