Jul 11, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Leblanc, 23, was a first-round pick (13th overall) by the Montreal Canadiens in 2009. The Habs traded his rights to Anaheim for a conditional fifth-rounder in 2015 back in June.
Leblanc failed to score a point in eight games with Montreal last season. He actually saw his most NHL time in 2011-12 when he scored 10 points in 42 contests. His AHL numbers weren’t overwhelming in 2013-14, either; he scored 28 points and generated 63 penalty minutes in 70 games with the Hamilton Bulldogs.
It’s easy to see why Montreal might have lost patience with the prospect, but perhaps he’ll eventually blossom in California.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 0
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 24
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 39
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 30
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41