Jul 11, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Leblanc, 23, was a first-round pick (13th overall) by the Montreal Canadiens in 2009. The Habs traded his rights to Anaheim for a conditional fifth-rounder in 2015 back in June.
Leblanc failed to score a point in eight games with Montreal last season. He actually saw his most NHL time in 2011-12 when he scored 10 points in 42 contests. His AHL numbers weren’t overwhelming in 2013-14, either; he scored 28 points and generated 63 penalty minutes in 70 games with the Hamilton Bulldogs.
It’s easy to see why Montreal might have lost patience with the prospect, but perhaps he’ll eventually blossom in California.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)