Jul 11, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Leblanc, 23, was a first-round pick (13th overall) by the Montreal Canadiens in 2009. The Habs traded his rights to Anaheim for a conditional fifth-rounder in 2015 back in June.
Leblanc failed to score a point in eight games with Montreal last season. He actually saw his most NHL time in 2011-12 when he scored 10 points in 42 contests. His AHL numbers weren’t overwhelming in 2013-14, either; he scored 28 points and generated 63 penalty minutes in 70 games with the Hamilton Bulldogs.
It’s easy to see why Montreal might have lost patience with the prospect, but perhaps he’ll eventually blossom in California.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5