Jul 11, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff was once again on the defensive when asked today about the future of Evander Kane in Winnipeg.
Reporters asked for the umpteenth time — has Kane requested a trade?
And for the umpteenth time, Cheveldayoff wasn’t sharing.
“If I answer every question or every rumor or every speculation about whether a player may or may not have asked something or may or may not have said something, I’d be answering those all day long,” Cheveldayoff said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Evander’s a Winnipeg Jet and that’s how we’re moving forward.”
Which is exactly what he said at the draft in Philadelphia. (“From our standpoint, Evander is a Winnipeg Jet. There’s been lots of different rumors out there. At this point in time, this is how we’re going to proceed.”)
Of course, the draft occurred before Kane went on the radio in Vancouver and passed up an opportunity to say he wanted to remain a Jet. Which is why reporters were all over Cheveldayoff again today.
How much longer can things go on like this?
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)