Jul 11, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff was once again on the defensive when asked today about the future of Evander Kane in Winnipeg.
Reporters asked for the umpteenth time — has Kane requested a trade?
And for the umpteenth time, Cheveldayoff wasn’t sharing.
“If I answer every question or every rumor or every speculation about whether a player may or may not have asked something or may or may not have said something, I’d be answering those all day long,” Cheveldayoff said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Evander’s a Winnipeg Jet and that’s how we’re moving forward.”
Which is exactly what he said at the draft in Philadelphia. (“From our standpoint, Evander is a Winnipeg Jet. There’s been lots of different rumors out there. At this point in time, this is how we’re going to proceed.”)
Of course, the draft occurred before Kane went on the radio in Vancouver and passed up an opportunity to say he wanted to remain a Jet. Which is why reporters were all over Cheveldayoff again today.
How much longer can things go on like this?
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2