Jul 11, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff was once again on the defensive when asked today about the future of Evander Kane in Winnipeg.
Reporters asked for the umpteenth time — has Kane requested a trade?
And for the umpteenth time, Cheveldayoff wasn’t sharing.
“If I answer every question or every rumor or every speculation about whether a player may or may not have asked something or may or may not have said something, I’d be answering those all day long,” Cheveldayoff said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Evander’s a Winnipeg Jet and that’s how we’re moving forward.”
Which is exactly what he said at the draft in Philadelphia. (“From our standpoint, Evander is a Winnipeg Jet. There’s been lots of different rumors out there. At this point in time, this is how we’re going to proceed.”)
Of course, the draft occurred before Kane went on the radio in Vancouver and passed up an opportunity to say he wanted to remain a Jet. Which is why reporters were all over Cheveldayoff again today.
How much longer can things go on like this?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)