Jul 11, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff was once again on the defensive when asked today about the future of Evander Kane in Winnipeg.
Reporters asked for the umpteenth time — has Kane requested a trade?
And for the umpteenth time, Cheveldayoff wasn’t sharing.
“If I answer every question or every rumor or every speculation about whether a player may or may not have asked something or may or may not have said something, I’d be answering those all day long,” Cheveldayoff said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Evander’s a Winnipeg Jet and that’s how we’re moving forward.”
Which is exactly what he said at the draft in Philadelphia. (“From our standpoint, Evander is a Winnipeg Jet. There’s been lots of different rumors out there. At this point in time, this is how we’re going to proceed.”)
Of course, the draft occurred before Kane went on the radio in Vancouver and passed up an opportunity to say he wanted to remain a Jet. Which is why reporters were all over Cheveldayoff again today.
How much longer can things go on like this?
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 0
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 25
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)