Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Former Minnesota Wild and New York Islanders forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard has signed with EV Zug of Switzerland’s National League A, the club announced on Wednesday.
Bouchard, 30, split last season between the Isles, their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport and Chicago’s AHL affiliate in Rockford (he was part of the trade to Chicago along with Peter Regin). What he hoped to be a bounce-back season proved anything but; Bouchard only played in 28 games for the Isles and while he had decent production — four goals and nine points — he posted a minus-9 rating and didn’t see a single game with the Blackhawks after being acquired.
It’s unfortunate, as Bouchard had what looked to be a promising career derailed by concussion issues. He averaged 59 points a season for Minnesota from 2005-08 and finished 20th in the NHL in assists (50) during the 2007-08 campaign.
The later stages of his career in Minnesota were marred by the aforementioned concussion issues, though, as he missed nearly 150 games over a three-year span.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 1
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 34
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 22
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)