Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Former Minnesota Wild and New York Islanders forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard has signed with EV Zug of Switzerland’s National League A, the club announced on Wednesday.
Bouchard, 30, split last season between the Isles, their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport and Chicago’s AHL affiliate in Rockford (he was part of the trade to Chicago along with Peter Regin). What he hoped to be a bounce-back season proved anything but; Bouchard only played in 28 games for the Isles and while he had decent production — four goals and nine points — he posted a minus-9 rating and didn’t see a single game with the Blackhawks after being acquired.
It’s unfortunate, as Bouchard had what looked to be a promising career derailed by concussion issues. He averaged 59 points a season for Minnesota from 2005-08 and finished 20th in the NHL in assists (50) during the 2007-08 campaign.
The later stages of his career in Minnesota were marred by the aforementioned concussion issues, though, as he missed nearly 150 games over a three-year span.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 53
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 32
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 28
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)