Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Former Minnesota Wild and New York Islanders forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard has signed with EV Zug of Switzerland’s National League A, the club announced on Wednesday.
Bouchard, 30, split last season between the Isles, their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport and Chicago’s AHL affiliate in Rockford (he was part of the trade to Chicago along with Peter Regin). What he hoped to be a bounce-back season proved anything but; Bouchard only played in 28 games for the Isles and while he had decent production — four goals and nine points — he posted a minus-9 rating and didn’t see a single game with the Blackhawks after being acquired.
It’s unfortunate, as Bouchard had what looked to be a promising career derailed by concussion issues. He averaged 59 points a season for Minnesota from 2005-08 and finished 20th in the NHL in assists (50) during the 2007-08 campaign.
The later stages of his career in Minnesota were marred by the aforementioned concussion issues, though, as he missed nearly 150 games over a three-year span.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)