Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Former Minnesota Wild and New York Islanders forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard has signed with EV Zug of Switzerland’s National League A, the club announced on Wednesday.
Bouchard, 30, split last season between the Isles, their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport and Chicago’s AHL affiliate in Rockford (he was part of the trade to Chicago along with Peter Regin). What he hoped to be a bounce-back season proved anything but; Bouchard only played in 28 games for the Isles and while he had decent production — four goals and nine points — he posted a minus-9 rating and didn’t see a single game with the Blackhawks after being acquired.
It’s unfortunate, as Bouchard had what looked to be a promising career derailed by concussion issues. He averaged 59 points a season for Minnesota from 2005-08 and finished 20th in the NHL in assists (50) during the 2007-08 campaign.
The later stages of his career in Minnesota were marred by the aforementioned concussion issues, though, as he missed nearly 150 games over a three-year span.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 24
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 17
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 56
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)