Jul 10, 2014, 5:11 PM EST
The team hasn’t disclosed the financial terms, but Cleary will reportedly earn at least $1.5 million and that could balloon to $2.5 million if he activates all his bonuses, per TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Cleary used to be a reliable secondary scorer, but he’s declined in recent years. He had just four goals and eight points in 52 games before his season ended due to a knee injury.
It’s worth noting that the Red Wings supposedly promised to take care of Cleary for the 2014-15 campaign after he passed on a reported three-year, $8.25 million contract with the Flyers in September to sign a one-year deal with Detroit.
Detroit had cap space to spare after it failed to lure big-name free agents this summer.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28