Jul 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators have avoided arbitration with defenseman Mattias Ekholm, signing the 24-year-old to a two-year, $2.075 million contract.
Ekholm played 62 games for the Preds in 2013-14, scoring once and adding eight assists in what was his rookie season in the NHL. The Swedish blue-liner was drafted in the fourth round, 102nd overall, in 2009.
With Ekholm signed, Ryan Ellis becomes the Predators’ only restricted free agent who played for the big club this past season.
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 2
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 6
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18