Jul 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators have avoided arbitration with defenseman Mattias Ekholm, signing the 24-year-old to a two-year, $2.075 million contract.
Ekholm played 62 games for the Preds in 2013-14, scoring once and adding eight assists in what was his rookie season in the NHL. The Swedish blue-liner was drafted in the fourth round, 102nd overall, in 2009.
With Ekholm signed, Ryan Ellis becomes the Predators’ only restricted free agent who played for the big club this past season.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6