Jul 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Capitals right wing Tom Wilson, who suffered an ankle injury last week following a fall, is expected to be cleared to participate “at some point” during the Capitals’ training camp in September, a team spokesperson said Wednesday.
It’s still not clear how Wilson suffered the injury. His agent has denied Twitter speculation that it was from a skateboarding accident.
Update from CSN Washington: According to his agent, Mark Guy, Wilson has a fractured fibula and is recovering from surgery.
“Tom is resting and recovering nicely,” Guy said. “He should be ready at some point during camp.”
When asked about Wilson on Monday, Caps coach Barry Trotz didn’t sound too worried.
“Right now he’s expected to be ready for training camp,” said Trotz, per the Washington Post. “I haven’t taken him out of anything. He’s young. Young guys, they’re conservative when you go to doctors. Whatever the time frame with young guys, they always beat that.”
The Caps have also signed goalie Edward Pasquale to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)