Jul 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Capitals right wing Tom Wilson, who suffered an ankle injury last week following a fall, is expected to be cleared to participate “at some point” during the Capitals’ training camp in September, a team spokesperson said Wednesday.
It’s still not clear how Wilson suffered the injury. His agent has denied Twitter speculation that it was from a skateboarding accident.
Update from CSN Washington: According to his agent, Mark Guy, Wilson has a fractured fibula and is recovering from surgery.
“Tom is resting and recovering nicely,” Guy said. “He should be ready at some point during camp.”
When asked about Wilson on Monday, Caps coach Barry Trotz didn’t sound too worried.
“Right now he’s expected to be ready for training camp,” said Trotz, per the Washington Post. “I haven’t taken him out of anything. He’s young. Young guys, they’re conservative when you go to doctors. Whatever the time frame with young guys, they always beat that.”
The Caps have also signed goalie Edward Pasquale to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)