Jul 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Capitals right wing Tom Wilson, who suffered an ankle injury last week following a fall, is expected to be cleared to participate “at some point” during the Capitals’ training camp in September, a team spokesperson said Wednesday.
It’s still not clear how Wilson suffered the injury. His agent has denied Twitter speculation that it was from a skateboarding accident.
Update from CSN Washington: According to his agent, Mark Guy, Wilson has a fractured fibula and is recovering from surgery.
“Tom is resting and recovering nicely,” Guy said. “He should be ready at some point during camp.”
When asked about Wilson on Monday, Caps coach Barry Trotz didn’t sound too worried.
“Right now he’s expected to be ready for training camp,” said Trotz, per the Washington Post. “I haven’t taken him out of anything. He’s young. Young guys, they’re conservative when you go to doctors. Whatever the time frame with young guys, they always beat that.”
The Caps have also signed goalie Edward Pasquale to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 0
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 45
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39