Jul 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Capitals right wing Tom Wilson, who suffered an ankle injury last week following a fall, is expected to be cleared to participate “at some point” during the Capitals’ training camp in September, a team spokesperson said Wednesday.
It’s still not clear how Wilson suffered the injury. His agent has denied Twitter speculation that it was from a skateboarding accident.
Update from CSN Washington: According to his agent, Mark Guy, Wilson has a fractured fibula and is recovering from surgery.
“Tom is resting and recovering nicely,” Guy said. “He should be ready at some point during camp.”
When asked about Wilson on Monday, Caps coach Barry Trotz didn’t sound too worried.
“Right now he’s expected to be ready for training camp,” said Trotz, per the Washington Post. “I haven’t taken him out of anything. He’s young. Young guys, they’re conservative when you go to doctors. Whatever the time frame with young guys, they always beat that.”
The Caps have also signed goalie Edward Pasquale to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5