Jul 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Capitals right wing Tom Wilson, who suffered an ankle injury last week following a fall, is expected to be cleared to participate “at some point” during the Capitals’ training camp in September, a team spokesperson said Wednesday.
It’s still not clear how Wilson suffered the injury. His agent has denied Twitter speculation that it was from a skateboarding accident.
Update from CSN Washington: According to his agent, Mark Guy, Wilson has a fractured fibula and is recovering from surgery.
“Tom is resting and recovering nicely,” Guy said. “He should be ready at some point during camp.”
When asked about Wilson on Monday, Caps coach Barry Trotz didn’t sound too worried.
“Right now he’s expected to be ready for training camp,” said Trotz, per the Washington Post. “I haven’t taken him out of anything. He’s young. Young guys, they’re conservative when you go to doctors. Whatever the time frame with young guys, they always beat that.”
The Caps have also signed goalie Edward Pasquale to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)