Jul 9, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
After acquiring him via trade at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals signed goalie Eddie Pasquale to a one-year, two-way deal on Wednesday.
Pasquale, 23, had spent his entire career in the Thrashers/Jets organization prior to joining Washington, but has yet to make his big-league debut. He went 17-13-1 with AHL St. John’s last year, posting a 2.43 GAA and .920 save percentage but didn’t play the second half of the year due to season-ending surgery. Michael Hutchinson backstopped St. John’s in the Calder Cup playoffs, backstopping the IceCaps to the final.
It does sound, however, as though Pasquale’s been on Washington’s radar for a while:
Asst GM Ross Mahoney says #Caps liked G Edward Pasquale in his draft year (2009) and have liked his progression as a pro.
— Mike Vogel (@VogsCaps) June 28, 2014
With the move, the Caps look to be done with adding goalies this offseason. The club signed former Carolina ‘keeper Justin Peters in free agency to back up Braden Holtby, and will go into next season with Pasquale and Philipp Grubauer as the tandem in AHL Hershey.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 23
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 21
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (133)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)