Jul 9, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
After acquiring him via trade at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals signed goalie Eddie Pasquale to a one-year, two-way deal on Wednesday.
Pasquale, 23, had spent his entire career in the Thrashers/Jets organization prior to joining Washington, but has yet to make his big-league debut. He went 17-13-1 with AHL St. John’s last year, posting a 2.43 GAA and .920 save percentage but didn’t play the second half of the year due to season-ending surgery. Michael Hutchinson backstopped St. John’s in the Calder Cup playoffs, backstopping the IceCaps to the final.
It does sound, however, as though Pasquale’s been on Washington’s radar for a while:
Asst GM Ross Mahoney says #Caps liked G Edward Pasquale in his draft year (2009) and have liked his progression as a pro.
— Mike Vogel (@VogsCaps) June 28, 2014
With the move, the Caps look to be done with adding goalies this offseason. The club signed former Carolina ‘keeper Justin Peters in free agency to back up Braden Holtby, and will go into next season with Pasquale and Philipp Grubauer as the tandem in AHL Hershey.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)