Jul 9, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
After acquiring him via trade at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals signed goalie Eddie Pasquale to a one-year, two-way deal on Wednesday.
Pasquale, 23, had spent his entire career in the Thrashers/Jets organization prior to joining Washington, but has yet to make his big-league debut. He went 17-13-1 with AHL St. John’s last year, posting a 2.43 GAA and .920 save percentage but didn’t play the second half of the year due to season-ending surgery. Michael Hutchinson backstopped St. John’s in the Calder Cup playoffs, backstopping the IceCaps to the final.
It does sound, however, as though Pasquale’s been on Washington’s radar for a while:
Asst GM Ross Mahoney says #Caps liked G Edward Pasquale in his draft year (2009) and have liked his progression as a pro.
— Mike Vogel (@VogsCaps) June 28, 2014
With the move, the Caps look to be done with adding goalies this offseason. The club signed former Carolina ‘keeper Justin Peters in free agency to back up Braden Holtby, and will go into next season with Pasquale and Philipp Grubauer as the tandem in AHL Hershey.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)