Jul 9, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
After acquiring him via trade at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals signed goalie Eddie Pasquale to a one-year, two-way deal on Wednesday.
Pasquale, 23, had spent his entire career in the Thrashers/Jets organization prior to joining Washington, but has yet to make his big-league debut. He went 17-13-1 with AHL St. John’s last year, posting a 2.43 GAA and .920 save percentage but didn’t play the second half of the year due to season-ending surgery. Michael Hutchinson backstopped St. John’s in the Calder Cup playoffs, backstopping the IceCaps to the final.
It does sound, however, as though Pasquale’s been on Washington’s radar for a while:
Asst GM Ross Mahoney says #Caps liked G Edward Pasquale in his draft year (2009) and have liked his progression as a pro.
— Mike Vogel (@VogsCaps) June 28, 2014
With the move, the Caps look to be done with adding goalies this offseason. The club signed former Carolina ‘keeper Justin Peters in free agency to back up Braden Holtby, and will go into next season with Pasquale and Philipp Grubauer as the tandem in AHL Hershey.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 45
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)