Jul 9, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
After acquiring him via trade at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Washington Capitals signed goalie Eddie Pasquale to a one-year, two-way deal on Wednesday.
Pasquale, 23, had spent his entire career in the Thrashers/Jets organization prior to joining Washington, but has yet to make his big-league debut. He went 17-13-1 with AHL St. John’s last year, posting a 2.43 GAA and .920 save percentage but didn’t play the second half of the year due to season-ending surgery. Michael Hutchinson backstopped St. John’s in the Calder Cup playoffs, backstopping the IceCaps to the final.
It does sound, however, as though Pasquale’s been on Washington’s radar for a while:
Asst GM Ross Mahoney says #Caps liked G Edward Pasquale in his draft year (2009) and have liked his progression as a pro.
— Mike Vogel (@VogsCaps) June 28, 2014
With the move, the Caps look to be done with adding goalies this offseason. The club signed former Carolina ‘keeper Justin Peters in free agency to back up Braden Holtby, and will go into next season with Pasquale and Philipp Grubauer as the tandem in AHL Hershey.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 27
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)