Jul 7, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
Update: Per the Columbus Dispatch, it’s worth $1.25 million in total with an average annual cap hit of $625,000.
Tropp, 24, scored two goals and 10 points in 44 games with the Jackets last year, leading the team with a plus-11 rating despite only joining in November after being plucked off the wire from Buffalo.
A former Michigan State standout, Tropp initially looked to be part of the Sabres’ long-term plans after getting picked 89th overall in 2007 and scoring eight points in his first 34 games in a Buffalo uniform. But a pair of serious injuries — a torn ACL and broken jaw — derailed him for most of 2012 and ’13, before the Sabres finally decided to part ways.
In related news, the Jackets also re-upped with RFA defenseman Cody Goloubef on Monday. Goloubef, 24, is an organizational depth defenseman that appeared in just five NHL games last season, spending most of his time with AHL Springfield.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (61)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)