Jul 7, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
Update: Per the Columbus Dispatch, it’s worth $1.25 million in total with an average annual cap hit of $625,000.
Tropp, 24, scored two goals and 10 points in 44 games with the Jackets last year, leading the team with a plus-11 rating despite only joining in November after being plucked off the wire from Buffalo.
A former Michigan State standout, Tropp initially looked to be part of the Sabres’ long-term plans after getting picked 89th overall in 2007 and scoring eight points in his first 34 games in a Buffalo uniform. But a pair of serious injuries — a torn ACL and broken jaw — derailed him for most of 2012 and ’13, before the Sabres finally decided to part ways.
In related news, the Jackets also re-upped with RFA defenseman Cody Goloubef on Monday. Goloubef, 24, is an organizational depth defenseman that appeared in just five NHL games last season, spending most of his time with AHL Springfield.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)