Jul 7, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
Update: Per the Columbus Dispatch, it’s worth $1.25 million in total with an average annual cap hit of $625,000.
Tropp, 24, scored two goals and 10 points in 44 games with the Jackets last year, leading the team with a plus-11 rating despite only joining in November after being plucked off the wire from Buffalo.
A former Michigan State standout, Tropp initially looked to be part of the Sabres’ long-term plans after getting picked 89th overall in 2007 and scoring eight points in his first 34 games in a Buffalo uniform. But a pair of serious injuries — a torn ACL and broken jaw — derailed him for most of 2012 and ’13, before the Sabres finally decided to part ways.
In related news, the Jackets also re-upped with RFA defenseman Cody Goloubef on Monday. Goloubef, 24, is an organizational depth defenseman that appeared in just five NHL games last season, spending most of his time with AHL Springfield.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 1
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)