Jul 6, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
While the Preds aren’t exactly a team known for its goal scoring, Jokinen said there was one major factor that led him to sign there: New head coach Peter Laviolette. As Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean shares, that was all the motivation the 35-year-old Finn needed.
“Obviously with the excitement and the passion about the game and ideas of how he was going to coach this team, that was one of the biggest reasons I decided to come here,” Jokinen said. “Speaking with him, I got excited. I wanted to start playing tomorrow.”
Last season with the Winnipeg Jets, Jokinen had 18 goals and 43 points. If you put those numbers on last season’s Predators team, he would’ve been fifth on the squad in goals and points.
With the addition of James Neal to the team, the Preds are in need of someone to get him the puck to score goals. Jokinen will have competition to do that with Mike Fisher and Craig Smith, but he has an established career of setting other players up. Just ask Jarome Iginla from his days in Calgary.
Mixing in Laviolette’s brand of hockey could help all parties involved to boost their numbers. Having to do it in an obscenely loaded Central Division won’t make it easy.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
GM Jeff Gorton is excited to bring him back to New York.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
She’s reportedly scheduled to appear before a grand jury on Sept. 8.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
Sep 3, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
His availability for the season opener is in doubt.
Sep 3, 2015, 2:03 PM EDT
Bruins d-man is using them as motivation for a bounce-back campaign.
Sep 3, 2015, 1:02 PM EDT
This should be good.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:42 AM EDT
Where he worked with — wait for it — current Minnesota starter Devan Dubnyk.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
In a shocking development, “money and term” are the sticking points.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
He could face up to five years in prison.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It would mark a record for the sale of a U.S.-based NHL team.
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 22
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)