Jul 6, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT
Dominic Moore will turn 34 in August and has 603 career NHL games under his belt, but in all that time, he has never spent more than two consecutive NHL seasons with a single team. He has played for just under a third of the league, but Moore is hoping that his days of bouncing from team to team are finally over.
The New York Rangers inked him to a two-year, $3 million contract on July 1 after he played a supporting role in their run to the Stanley Cup Final.
“It’s nice to have that set,” Moore said, per CBC. “I’m grateful to be a Ranger. I really like our group there and to be part of that group.
“We came up a little short obviously. But there were some good memories along the way, for sure.”
Moore rejoined the Rangers, which originally drafted him in 2000, after spending a season away from hockey following the death of his wife, Katie. He was the selected as the 2014 Masterton Trophy recipient.
“It took me a while to get back up to speed, Moore said. “There were no shortcuts. But to think about how far we went as a team after the way we started the season was something that was very rewarding personally.”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)