Jul 5, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
The NHLPA released a list of 20 players filing for salary arbitration this summer, with Montreal Canadiens star defenseman P.K. Subban being the biggest name:
Los Angeles Kings
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
San Jose Sharks
Toronto Maple Leafs
Some pertinent bits of information: NHL teams face a July 6 (5 p.m. ET) deadline for club-elected arbitration.
Arbitration hearings are scheduled in Toronto between the dates of July 20 to August 4.
It’s worth noting that players don’t have to go through the process. In fact, it’s highly common for teams and free agents to make deals very close to the hearings and it’s become increasingly rare for the rather awkward sessions to even take place any longer. Then again, with a case like Subban and the Habs, it’s not out of the question for such a thing to take place, either.
Expect more on this process, particularly when it pertains to the biggest names on that list.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 6
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)