Jul 5, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
The NHLPA released a list of 20 players filing for salary arbitration this summer, with Montreal Canadiens star defenseman P.K. Subban being the biggest name:
Los Angeles Kings
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
San Jose Sharks
Toronto Maple Leafs
Some pertinent bits of information: NHL teams face a July 6 (5 p.m. ET) deadline for club-elected arbitration.
Arbitration hearings are scheduled in Toronto between the dates of July 20 to August 4.
It’s worth noting that players don’t have to go through the process. In fact, it’s highly common for teams and free agents to make deals very close to the hearings and it’s become increasingly rare for the rather awkward sessions to even take place any longer. Then again, with a case like Subban and the Habs, it’s not out of the question for such a thing to take place, either.
Expect more on this process, particularly when it pertains to the biggest names on that list.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)