Jul 5, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
The NHLPA released a list of 20 players filing for salary arbitration this summer, with Montreal Canadiens star defenseman P.K. Subban being the biggest name:
Los Angeles Kings
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
San Jose Sharks
Toronto Maple Leafs
Some pertinent bits of information: NHL teams face a July 6 (5 p.m. ET) deadline for club-elected arbitration.
Arbitration hearings are scheduled in Toronto between the dates of July 20 to August 4.
It’s worth noting that players don’t have to go through the process. In fact, it’s highly common for teams and free agents to make deals very close to the hearings and it’s become increasingly rare for the rather awkward sessions to even take place any longer. Then again, with a case like Subban and the Habs, it’s not out of the question for such a thing to take place, either.
Expect more on this process, particularly when it pertains to the biggest names on that list.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)