Jul 5, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
The NHLPA released a list of 20 players filing for salary arbitration this summer, with Montreal Canadiens star defenseman P.K. Subban being the biggest name:
Los Angeles Kings
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
San Jose Sharks
Toronto Maple Leafs
Some pertinent bits of information: NHL teams face a July 6 (5 p.m. ET) deadline for club-elected arbitration.
Arbitration hearings are scheduled in Toronto between the dates of July 20 to August 4.
It’s worth noting that players don’t have to go through the process. In fact, it’s highly common for teams and free agents to make deals very close to the hearings and it’s become increasingly rare for the rather awkward sessions to even take place any longer. Then again, with a case like Subban and the Habs, it’s not out of the question for such a thing to take place, either.
Expect more on this process, particularly when it pertains to the biggest names on that list.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)