Jul 5, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Matt Hackett will continue to try and prove himself to be the Buffalo Sabres’ goalie of the future.
Hackett went 1-6-1 with a .908 save percentage and a 3.10 goals-against average before going down with a gruesome knee injury against the Boston Bruins on April 12. As Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald shares, the Sabres haven’t discussed what his status is for the upcoming season after undergoing surgery in April.
If he’s healthy to start camp, he’ll try to prove he’s ready for the NHL, but chances are he’ll start the season with Rochester.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6