Jul 5, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Matt Hackett will continue to try and prove himself to be the Buffalo Sabres’ goalie of the future.
Hackett went 1-6-1 with a .908 save percentage and a 3.10 goals-against average before going down with a gruesome knee injury against the Boston Bruins on April 12. As Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald shares, the Sabres haven’t discussed what his status is for the upcoming season after undergoing surgery in April.
If he’s healthy to start camp, he’ll try to prove he’s ready for the NHL, but chances are he’ll start the season with Rochester.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)