Jul 5, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Matt Hackett will continue to try and prove himself to be the Buffalo Sabres’ goalie of the future.
Hackett went 1-6-1 with a .908 save percentage and a 3.10 goals-against average before going down with a gruesome knee injury against the Boston Bruins on April 12. As Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald shares, the Sabres haven’t discussed what his status is for the upcoming season after undergoing surgery in April.
If he’s healthy to start camp, he’ll try to prove he’s ready for the NHL, but chances are he’ll start the season with Rochester.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)