Jul 5, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Matt Hackett will continue to try and prove himself to be the Buffalo Sabres’ goalie of the future.
Hackett went 1-6-1 with a .908 save percentage and a 3.10 goals-against average before going down with a gruesome knee injury against the Boston Bruins on April 12. As Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald shares, the Sabres haven’t discussed what his status is for the upcoming season after undergoing surgery in April.
If he’s healthy to start camp, he’ll try to prove he’s ready for the NHL, but chances are he’ll start the season with Rochester.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 0
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 26
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 28
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)