Jul 5, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Matt Hackett will continue to try and prove himself to be the Buffalo Sabres’ goalie of the future.
Hackett went 1-6-1 with a .908 save percentage and a 3.10 goals-against average before going down with a gruesome knee injury against the Boston Bruins on April 12. As Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald shares, the Sabres haven’t discussed what his status is for the upcoming season after undergoing surgery in April.
If he’s healthy to start camp, he’ll try to prove he’s ready for the NHL, but chances are he’ll start the season with Rochester.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)