Jul 5, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
It was a predictable response.
Wayne Gretzky is not a part of a group looking to bring a National Hockey League franchise to Seattle, according to his agent Darren Blake in a report from The Canadian Press on Friday evening – Pacific Time, at least.
“As you can imagine prospective team owners from various franchises call frequently to gauge his interest in coming on board. Seattle is no different,” Blake told The Canadian Press.
Gretzky made headlines earlier in the day when a report from the New York Post reported The Great One was part of a group looking to bring an NHL team to Seattle.
Just another chapter in the ongoing saga of speculation the NHL could be coming to Seattle.
The most recent:
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4