Jul 5, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
It was a predictable response.
Wayne Gretzky is not a part of a group looking to bring a National Hockey League franchise to Seattle, according to his agent Darren Blake in a report from The Canadian Press on Friday evening – Pacific Time, at least.
“As you can imagine prospective team owners from various franchises call frequently to gauge his interest in coming on board. Seattle is no different,” Blake told The Canadian Press.
Gretzky made headlines earlier in the day when a report from the New York Post reported The Great One was part of a group looking to bring an NHL team to Seattle.
Just another chapter in the ongoing saga of speculation the NHL could be coming to Seattle.
The most recent:
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 15
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 46
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 20
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 34
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)