Jul 5, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
It was a predictable response.
Wayne Gretzky is not a part of a group looking to bring a National Hockey League franchise to Seattle, according to his agent Darren Blake in a report from The Canadian Press on Friday evening – Pacific Time, at least.
“As you can imagine prospective team owners from various franchises call frequently to gauge his interest in coming on board. Seattle is no different,” Blake told The Canadian Press.
Gretzky made headlines earlier in the day when a report from the New York Post reported The Great One was part of a group looking to bring an NHL team to Seattle.
Just another chapter in the ongoing saga of speculation the NHL could be coming to Seattle.
The most recent:
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21