Jul 5, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
It was a predictable response.
Wayne Gretzky is not a part of a group looking to bring a National Hockey League franchise to Seattle, according to his agent Darren Blake in a report from The Canadian Press on Friday evening – Pacific Time, at least.
“As you can imagine prospective team owners from various franchises call frequently to gauge his interest in coming on board. Seattle is no different,” Blake told The Canadian Press.
Gretzky made headlines earlier in the day when a report from the New York Post reported The Great One was part of a group looking to bring an NHL team to Seattle.
Just another chapter in the ongoing saga of speculation the NHL could be coming to Seattle.
The most recent:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50