Jul 5, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Last season, Kassian had a career-year scoring 14 goals with 29 points, but the 23 year-old forward says he has more to bring to the table as Elliott Pap of the Vancouver Sun shared.
“From my standpoint and the organization’s standpoint, I think it’s right where I’m at in my career,” Kassian said. “I feel I can do more but you have to show that on the ice and that’s coming in the next couple of years, and so on and so forth.”
Kassian said he’s happy about his $3.5 million deal with the Canucks and the team has to be encouraged that he’s so grounded about how this deal worked out and what he feels he’s got to do.
With how things have gone so far in free agency for the Canucks, the opportunity to seize the day will be there for Kassian. He could wind up in the Canucks top-six if he asserts himself. At the very least, he should treat every game as if he’s facing his former team.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)