Jul 5, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are doing well to maintain the blue line corps they had last season.
Savard, 23, has been a depth blue liner the past three seasons in Columbus, but took control of a steady position during this past campaign. He played in 70 games and had five goals and 15 points and averaged 17:50 of ice time per game. In his previous two seasons to that he played a total of 35 games in the NHL.
Savard was part of a defensive crew that featured Jack Johnson, James Wisniewski, Fedor Tyutin, and Ryan Murray as the top-four. With Nikita Nikitin off to Edmonton, he’ll have Dalton Prout and fellow restricted free agent Tim Erixon to battle it out for the remaining two spots.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 28
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)