Jul 5, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are doing well to maintain the blue line corps they had last season.
Savard, 23, has been a depth blue liner the past three seasons in Columbus, but took control of a steady position during this past campaign. He played in 70 games and had five goals and 15 points and averaged 17:50 of ice time per game. In his previous two seasons to that he played a total of 35 games in the NHL.
Savard was part of a defensive crew that featured Jack Johnson, James Wisniewski, Fedor Tyutin, and Ryan Murray as the top-four. With Nikita Nikitin off to Edmonton, he’ll have Dalton Prout and fellow restricted free agent Tim Erixon to battle it out for the remaining two spots.
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiation’s’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)