Jul 4, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Legwand played for both Nashville and Detroit in 2013-14, finishing the season with 14 goals and 37 assists (51 points) in 83 games. The 33-year-old struggled in the playoffs, though, going pointless in five games while logging just 13:59 per contest.
The new highest-scoring UFA is Daniel Alfredsson (49 points).
Related: The ‘most’ and ‘highest’ UFAs left
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22