Jul 4, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
A couple of minor signings to pass your way…
St. Louis signs McCarthy
The Blues have agreed to terms with ex-Sharks forward John McCarthy on a one-year, two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level, per CapGeek.
McCarthy, 27, was taken by San Jose in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and has spent his entire pro career with the organization, appearing in 87 games with the Sharks while spending the majority of his time with AHL Worcester.
The former Boston University Terrier had his best campaign in 2011-12, scoring 20 goals and 47 points in 65 games for Worcester.
Carolina inks Holmstrom
The Hurricanes added another veteran presence up front on Friday, agreeing to terms with Flyers forward Ben Holmstrom.
Holmstrom, also 27, was an undrafted free agent that signed with Philly in 2009-10 and spent the majority of his time in AHL Adirondack, where he served as team captain.
The former UMass-Lowell product has appeared in seven career NHL games, all of them coming with the Flyers.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)