Jul 4, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
A couple of minor signings to pass your way…
St. Louis signs McCarthy
The Blues have agreed to terms with ex-Sharks forward John McCarthy on a one-year, two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level, per CapGeek.
McCarthy, 27, was taken by San Jose in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and has spent his entire pro career with the organization, appearing in 87 games with the Sharks while spending the majority of his time with AHL Worcester.
The former Boston University Terrier had his best campaign in 2011-12, scoring 20 goals and 47 points in 65 games for Worcester.
Carolina inks Holmstrom
The Hurricanes added another veteran presence up front on Friday, agreeing to terms with Flyers forward Ben Holmstrom.
Holmstrom, also 27, was an undrafted free agent that signed with Philly in 2009-10 and spent the majority of his time in AHL Adirondack, where he served as team captain.
The former UMass-Lowell product has appeared in seven career NHL games, all of them coming with the Flyers.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54