Jul 4, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
A couple of minor signings to pass your way…
St. Louis signs McCarthy
The Blues have agreed to terms with ex-Sharks forward John McCarthy on a one-year, two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level, per CapGeek.
McCarthy, 27, was taken by San Jose in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and has spent his entire pro career with the organization, appearing in 87 games with the Sharks while spending the majority of his time with AHL Worcester.
The former Boston University Terrier had his best campaign in 2011-12, scoring 20 goals and 47 points in 65 games for Worcester.
Carolina inks Holmstrom
The Hurricanes added another veteran presence up front on Friday, agreeing to terms with Flyers forward Ben Holmstrom.
Holmstrom, also 27, was an undrafted free agent that signed with Philly in 2009-10 and spent the majority of his time in AHL Adirondack, where he served as team captain.
The former UMass-Lowell product has appeared in seven career NHL games, all of them coming with the Flyers.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)