Jul 4, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
A couple of minor signings to pass your way…
St. Louis signs McCarthy
The Blues have agreed to terms with ex-Sharks forward John McCarthy on a one-year, two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level, per CapGeek.
McCarthy, 27, was taken by San Jose in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and has spent his entire pro career with the organization, appearing in 87 games with the Sharks while spending the majority of his time with AHL Worcester.
The former Boston University Terrier had his best campaign in 2011-12, scoring 20 goals and 47 points in 65 games for Worcester.
Carolina inks Holmstrom
The Hurricanes added another veteran presence up front on Friday, agreeing to terms with Flyers forward Ben Holmstrom.
Holmstrom, also 27, was an undrafted free agent that signed with Philly in 2009-10 and spent the majority of his time in AHL Adirondack, where he served as team captain.
The former UMass-Lowell product has appeared in seven career NHL games, all of them coming with the Flyers.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)