Jul 4, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have brought back depth defenseman Joe Piskula, the club announced Friday.
It’s a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000 at the NHL level and $150,000 at the AHL level. Piskula spent most of last season with the Milwaukee Admirals in the AHL, scoring three goals and 23 points, which is a career-high for him at the minor-league level.
Piskula, 29, played a pair of games for Nashville in 2013-14. He’s appeared in 12 NHL games throughout his professional career.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 4
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 23
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24