Jul 4, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have brought back depth defenseman Joe Piskula, the club announced Friday.
It’s a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000 at the NHL level and $150,000 at the AHL level. Piskula spent most of last season with the Milwaukee Admirals in the AHL, scoring three goals and 23 points, which is a career-high for him at the minor-league level.
Piskula, 29, played a pair of games for Nashville in 2013-14. He’s appeared in 12 NHL games throughout his professional career.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34