Jul 4, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
Bodie participated in 103 games with the Anaheim Ducks and Carolina Hurricanes over the course of the 2009-10 and 2010-11 campaigns, but he played strictly in the AHL for the following two seasons.
He joined the Maple Leafs’ organization for the 2013-14 campaign and that proved to be a good fit. Bodie spent most of the season in the NHL, scoring three goals and 10 points in 47 games. He also was second on the Maple Leafs with a plus-six rating.
Bodie dropped his gloves four times last season, but with the exception of fights he was typically disciplined and consequently charged with just three minor penalties.
He will enter the Maple Leafs’ training camp with the goal of reclaiming his roster spot as a fourth liner.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)