Jul 4, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
Bodie participated in 103 games with the Anaheim Ducks and Carolina Hurricanes over the course of the 2009-10 and 2010-11 campaigns, but he played strictly in the AHL for the following two seasons.
He joined the Maple Leafs’ organization for the 2013-14 campaign and that proved to be a good fit. Bodie spent most of the season in the NHL, scoring three goals and 10 points in 47 games. He also was second on the Maple Leafs with a plus-six rating.
Bodie dropped his gloves four times last season, but with the exception of fights he was typically disciplined and consequently charged with just three minor penalties.
He will enter the Maple Leafs’ training camp with the goal of reclaiming his roster spot as a fourth liner.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)