Jul 4, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
Bodie participated in 103 games with the Anaheim Ducks and Carolina Hurricanes over the course of the 2009-10 and 2010-11 campaigns, but he played strictly in the AHL for the following two seasons.
He joined the Maple Leafs’ organization for the 2013-14 campaign and that proved to be a good fit. Bodie spent most of the season in the NHL, scoring three goals and 10 points in 47 games. He also was second on the Maple Leafs with a plus-six rating.
Bodie dropped his gloves four times last season, but with the exception of fights he was typically disciplined and consequently charged with just three minor penalties.
He will enter the Maple Leafs’ training camp with the goal of reclaiming his roster spot as a fourth liner.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20