Jul 4, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
Bodie participated in 103 games with the Anaheim Ducks and Carolina Hurricanes over the course of the 2009-10 and 2010-11 campaigns, but he played strictly in the AHL for the following two seasons.
He joined the Maple Leafs’ organization for the 2013-14 campaign and that proved to be a good fit. Bodie spent most of the season in the NHL, scoring three goals and 10 points in 47 games. He also was second on the Maple Leafs with a plus-six rating.
Bodie dropped his gloves four times last season, but with the exception of fights he was typically disciplined and consequently charged with just three minor penalties.
He will enter the Maple Leafs’ training camp with the goal of reclaiming his roster spot as a fourth liner.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)