Jul 4, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
Bodie participated in 103 games with the Anaheim Ducks and Carolina Hurricanes over the course of the 2009-10 and 2010-11 campaigns, but he played strictly in the AHL for the following two seasons.
He joined the Maple Leafs’ organization for the 2013-14 campaign and that proved to be a good fit. Bodie spent most of the season in the NHL, scoring three goals and 10 points in 47 games. He also was second on the Maple Leafs with a plus-six rating.
Bodie dropped his gloves four times last season, but with the exception of fights he was typically disciplined and consequently charged with just three minor penalties.
He will enter the Maple Leafs’ training camp with the goal of reclaiming his roster spot as a fourth liner.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)