Jul 4, 2014, 11:12 AM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed defenseman Andrej Sustr to a one-year, one-way contract.
Sustr had one goal and seven assists in 43 games last season for Tampa Bay. With the 23-year-old under contract, the Lightning now have eight active blue-liners (plus inactive Mattias Ohlund) on one-way deals.
As it stands, Sustr and 24-year-old Mark Barberio are at the bottom of a deep defensive depth chart that already featured Victor Hedman, Matt Carle, Radko Gudas, and Eric Brewer before the acquisitions of Jason Garrison in a trade with Vancouver and Anton Stralman in free agency.
Sami Salo will not be back with the Lightning. The 39-year-old is an unrestricted free agent.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)