Jul 4, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed defenseman Andrej Sustr to a one-year, one-way contract.
Sustr had one goal and seven assists in 43 games last season for Tampa Bay. With the 23-year-old under contract, the Lightning now have eight active blue-liners (plus inactive Mattias Ohlund) on one-way deals.
As it stands, Sustr and 24-year-old Mark Barberio are at the bottom of a deep defensive depth chart that already featured Victor Hedman, Matt Carle, Radko Gudas, and Eric Brewer before the acquisitions of Jason Garrison in a trade with Vancouver and Anton Stralman in free agency.
Sami Salo will not be back with the Lightning. The 39-year-old is an unrestricted free agent.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)