Jul 4, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed defenseman Andrej Sustr to a one-year, one-way contract.
Sustr had one goal and seven assists in 43 games last season for Tampa Bay. With the 23-year-old under contract, the Lightning now have eight active blue-liners (plus inactive Mattias Ohlund) on one-way deals.
As it stands, Sustr and 24-year-old Mark Barberio are at the bottom of a deep defensive depth chart that already featured Victor Hedman, Matt Carle, Radko Gudas, and Eric Brewer before the acquisitions of Jason Garrison in a trade with Vancouver and Anton Stralman in free agency.
Sami Salo will not be back with the Lightning. The 39-year-old is an unrestricted free agent.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42