Jul 4, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames allowed Paul Byron to test the unrestricted free agent market when they decided against presenting him with a qualifying offer. After seeing what was out there though, the 25-year-old forward and Flames agreed on a one-year deal.
Byron split the 2013-14 campaign between the AHL Abbotsford Heat and Flames, but his new contract is one-way, per the Calgary Sun.
When he was with the Flames last season, Byron averaged 14:26 minutes per game. He scored seven goals and registered 14 assists in 47 contests. That brings him up to 81 career NHL games spread out over four campaigns.
Calgary now has nine forwards signed to one-way contracts. NCAA standout John Gaudreau and Sean Monahan are both signed to entry-level deals, but are also expected to make the team, as are restricted free agents Joe Colborne and Lance Bouma.
Aug 4, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The book has closed on the Mike Babcock era.
Aug 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Aug 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The squads will feature players that were part of either organization from 1996-2002
Aug 3, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
He’ll be fighting to be seen as the team’s third-string goaltender.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
He’s already improved the perception of the franchise, but will he have that kind of impact long-term?
Aug 3, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
He’ll have a tough time maintaining a top-six role though.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Despite all the splashy moves, patience likely will be needed.
Aug 3, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
It’s another arbitration win for Ottawa.
Aug 3, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Pondering a rebuilding process that took a leap.
Aug 3, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Perhaps you can broaden this to “keeping the puck out of their net.”
Aug 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The league estimates such a process could cost about $13.5 million.
Aug 3, 2015, 11:57 AM EDT
In all likelihood Jack Eichel is going to make the team, but what about Buffalo’s other second overall pick?
Aug 3, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
This is his chance to prove he’s a real No. 1 goalie.
Aug 3, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
Ron DeGregorio rounded out the group.
Aug 3, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The worst should be behind them.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Aug 2, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Is his poor Game 7 record reflective of anything?
Aug 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
In other words, how much longer will Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, and Ryan Kesler stay at the top of their game?
Aug 2, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
His newly signed two-year deal is an opportunity for
Aug 2, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
He’s got the size and skill to potentially make an impact.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 0
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)