Jul 4, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
The Capitals have signed left wing Tim Kennedy and center Kris Newbury to one-year, two-way contracts, senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today. Both players are expected to begin the 2014-15 season with the AHL Hershey Bears.
Here’s the press release from the Capitals, should you wish to learn a bit more about Newbury and Kennedy.
(Yes, it’s probably going to be a slow news day, what with the holiday in the United States and Canadians focused on dominating Wimbledon)
Canadian tennis, so hot—
Carter Hutton (@CarterHutton) July 03, 2014
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8