Jul 3, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
You know a hockey player is fairly seasoned in the art of the “presidential Stanley Cup congratulatory phone call” when he has the wherewithal to tease the Leader of the Free World.
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown gently ribbed U.S. President Barack Obama regarding his beloved Chicago Blackhawks in accepting congratulations for the 2014 championship run. Watch the full call video (also sitting by is Kings GM Dean Lombardi) below:
Brown, 29, seemed much looser in this phone call than he did chatting up Obama back in 2012:
The Kings can only hope that Brown gets more chances to razz future president(s), then.
(H/T to Puck Daddy.)
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39