Jul 2, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks are ready to reacquaint themselves with the McGinn family. They employed Jamie McGinn until trading him to Colorado in 2011-12 and added his brother Tye McGinn via a trade that sent their 2015 third-round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday.
Tye McGinn, 23, still needs a new contract as a restricted free agent. He’s coming off a deal that paid him $775K per year. Cap Geek estimates that San Jose has about $14.32 million in cap space, so they should easily squeeze whatever his new deal would be under the ceiling.
The Flyers selected the big winger in the fourth round (119th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He scored five points in 18 games in both the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons, so he’s been able to at least get his feet wet at the NHL level.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14