Jul 2, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are ready to reacquaint themselves with the McGinn family. They employed Jamie McGinn until trading him to Colorado in 2011-12 and added his brother Tye McGinn via a trade that sent their 2015 third-round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday.
Tye McGinn, 23, still needs a new contract as a restricted free agent. He’s coming off a deal that paid him $775K per year. Cap Geek estimates that San Jose has about $14.32 million in cap space, so they should easily squeeze whatever his new deal would be under the ceiling.
The Flyers selected the big winger in the fourth round (119th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He scored five points in 18 games in both the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons, so he’s been able to at least get his feet wet at the NHL level.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 8
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)