Jul 2, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
From Sportsnet’s Mark Spector:
(Update: Or maybe not, given the Preds have signed Olli Jokinen.)
Most of the other American teams either got the top centers they coveted (see: St. Louis, Anaheim, and Dallas), or they don’t have the cap space to add Grabovski.
As for Grabovski, there was speculation in April that he may want to play with still-unsigned Nikolai Kulemin after both were teammates in Toronto.
“They’re always talking about, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to play on the same team together,'” agent Gary Greenstin told the National Post. “They’re best friends. They play great together. We’ll see what happens.”
- Sunny skies forecast for Winter Classic — problematic? 0
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3