Jul 2, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
From Sportsnet’s Mark Spector:
(Update: Or maybe not, given the Preds have signed Olli Jokinen.)
Most of the other American teams either got the top centers they coveted (see: St. Louis, Anaheim, and Dallas), or they don’t have the cap space to add Grabovski.
As for Grabovski, there was speculation in April that he may want to play with still-unsigned Nikolai Kulemin after both were teammates in Toronto.
“They’re always talking about, ‘Wouldn’t it be great to play on the same team together,'” agent Gary Greenstin told the National Post. “They’re best friends. They play great together. We’ll see what happens.”
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25