Jul 2, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Ray Bourque never played for the Rangers, but today he could be their biggest fan.
The Hall-of-Famer saw his oldest son, Chris, sign with the Blueshirts today after splitting last season between the KHL and Swiss League.
The 33rd overall pick at the 2004 Entry Draft, Chris — who’s appeared in 51 NHL games in his career — will now join younger brother Ryan, taken 80th overall by the Rangers in 2009 and currently with the team’s AHL affiliate in Hartford.
Though he hasn’t spent much time in the NHL, Chris has made several headlines — most of which came during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, when he signed with and made the Bruins out of training camp. Given his dad’s standing in the Boston organization, the story picked up a lot of steam…but the eldest Bourque didn’t, appearing in just 18 games before being shipped off to AHL Providence.
As for the younger Bourque, Ryan just wrapped his third and most successful campaign in the American League, scoring a career-high 21 goals and 37 points for the Wolf Pack last season.
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 0
- BREAKING: End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 5
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 14
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 6
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 40
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)