Jul 2, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
From Monumental Network:
According to a Caps spokesperson, Washington right wing Tom Wilson suffered an ankle injury in Ontario during a fall. Doctors in Toronto are currently evaluating him. The Capitals’ medical staff has been in touch with Wilson and the doctors. The team will know more about the extent of his injury in the next couple of days.
It wasn’t reported how, exactly, Wilson suffered the ankle injury, but his agent denies that it was related to a skateboarding accident:
Wilson, 20, played all 82 games for the Caps in 2013-14, scoring three times with seven assists. The physical winger was drafted 16th overall in 2012.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22