Jul 1, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
Stuart, 34, appeared in 61 games for the Sharks last year, scoring three goals and 11 points while averaging 19:10 TOI per game. He’s heading into the last of a three-year, $10.8M deal with a $3.6 million cap hit and, because he had a limited no-trade clause, had to sign off on this move to Colorado.
That’s interesting, because Stuart has some big-time history with the Avs. During the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, Stuart knocked Colorado captain Gabriel Landeskog out of action with a massive hit. Stuart wasn’t fined or suspended for the hit but did draw the Avalanche’s ire.
Landeskog suffered a concussion on the play and missed 11 games.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 10
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 27
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)