Jul 1, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Stuart, 34, appeared in 61 games for the Sharks last year, scoring three goals and 11 points while averaging 19:10 TOI per game. He’s heading into the last of a three-year, $10.8M deal with a $3.6 million cap hit and, because he had a limited no-trade clause, had to sign off on this move to Colorado.
That’s interesting, because Stuart has some big-time history with the Avs. During the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, Stuart knocked Colorado captain Gabriel Landeskog out of action with a massive hit. Stuart wasn’t fined or suspended for the hit but did draw the Avalanche’s ire.
Landeskog suffered a concussion on the play and missed 11 games.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)