Jul 1, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Stuart, 34, appeared in 61 games for the Sharks last year, scoring three goals and 11 points while averaging 19:10 TOI per game. He’s heading into the last of a three-year, $10.8M deal with a $3.6 million cap hit and, because he had a limited no-trade clause, had to sign off on this move to Colorado.
That’s interesting, because Stuart has some big-time history with the Avs. During the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, Stuart knocked Colorado captain Gabriel Landeskog out of action with a massive hit. Stuart wasn’t fined or suspended for the hit but did draw the Avalanche’s ire.
Landeskog suffered a concussion on the play and missed 11 games.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)