Jul 1, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Stuart, 34, appeared in 61 games for the Sharks last year, scoring three goals and 11 points while averaging 19:10 TOI per game. He’s heading into the last of a three-year, $10.8M deal with a $3.6 million cap hit and, because he had a limited no-trade clause, had to sign off on this move to Colorado.
That’s interesting, because Stuart has some big-time history with the Avs. During the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, Stuart knocked Colorado captain Gabriel Landeskog out of action with a massive hit. Stuart wasn’t fined or suspended for the hit but did draw the Avalanche’s ire.
Landeskog suffered a concussion on the play and missed 11 games.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 7
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)