Jul 1, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
Stuart, 34, appeared in 61 games for the Sharks last year, scoring three goals and 11 points while averaging 19:10 TOI per game. He’s heading into the last of a three-year, $10.8M deal with a $3.6 million cap hit and, because he had a limited no-trade clause, had to sign off on this move to Colorado.
That’s interesting, because Stuart has some big-time history with the Avs. During the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, Stuart knocked Colorado captain Gabriel Landeskog out of action with a massive hit. Stuart wasn’t fined or suspended for the hit but did draw the Avalanche’s ire.
Landeskog suffered a concussion on the play and missed 11 games.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)