Jul 1, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
The New York Rangers have re-signed fourth-line center Dominic Moore to a two-year deal, while adding gritty winger Tanner Glass on a three-year deal to help replace departing wingers Brian Boyle (probably) and Derek Dorsett (traded to Vancouver).
Moore, 33, will earn $3 million over two years ($1.5 million cap hit) while Glass, 30, will get $4.35 million over three years ($1.45 million cap hit).
While adding Glass, the Rangers also lost depth forward Benoit Pouliot, who signed a five-year deal today in Edmonton. That said, general manger Glen Sather expects youngster J.T. Miller to be with the big club full-time in 2014-15.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22