Jul 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed forward Marcel Goc to a one-year, $1.2 million contract.
Goc was traded to the Penguins from Florida in March. The 30-year-old veteran of 562 NHL games (72 G, 107 A) had two assists in 12 contests for Pittsburgh, while winning 57.3 percent of his faceoffs.
Goc also appeared in nine playoff games, registering one assist while averaging 11:34 of ice time and winning almost 60 percent of his draws.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)