Jul 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed forward Marcel Goc to a one-year, $1.2 million contract.
Goc was traded to the Penguins from Florida in March. The 30-year-old veteran of 562 NHL games (72 G, 107 A) had two assists in 12 contests for Pittsburgh, while winning 57.3 percent of his faceoffs.
Goc also appeared in nine playoff games, registering one assist while averaging 11:34 of ice time and winning almost 60 percent of his draws.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 15
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (61)