Jul 1, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning GM Steve Yzerman got his new defenseman and got a good deal for him.
Stralman, 27, spent the past three seasons with the Rangers and emerged as one of their top defenders during their run to the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings. He had a goal and 12 assists last season and had five more helpers during the postseason.
Stralman paired up with Marc Staal in New York and joins a Tampa team that’s seen their blue line corps become something worth watching. He joins Victor Hedman, Matt Carle, newly-acquired Jason Garrison, and Radko Gudas to make up a skilled and tough defensive crew.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50