Jul 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
It turns out Dave Nonis’ trip to Finland was well worth it.
As we mentioned earlier today, Nonis visited Komarov to try and convince him to return to the Maple Leafs but Komarov wanted to test the market. It turns out the Leafs’ desire to bring him back was substantial as they’re giving him nearly $3 million per season to return from the KHL.
Komarov played one season with Toronto, the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign, and had four goals and nine points in 42 games. He’ll plug in on the Leafs’ third line and provide help on the penalty kill and a lot more sandpaper to the lineup.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5