Jul 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
It turns out Dave Nonis’ trip to Finland was well worth it.
As we mentioned earlier today, Nonis visited Komarov to try and convince him to return to the Maple Leafs but Komarov wanted to test the market. It turns out the Leafs’ desire to bring him back was substantial as they’re giving him nearly $3 million per season to return from the KHL.
Komarov played one season with Toronto, the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign, and had four goals and nine points in 42 games. He’ll plug in on the Leafs’ third line and provide help on the penalty kill and a lot more sandpaper to the lineup.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)