Jul 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
It turns out Dave Nonis’ trip to Finland was well worth it.
As we mentioned earlier today, Nonis visited Komarov to try and convince him to return to the Maple Leafs but Komarov wanted to test the market. It turns out the Leafs’ desire to bring him back was substantial as they’re giving him nearly $3 million per season to return from the KHL.
Komarov played one season with Toronto, the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign, and had four goals and nine points in 42 games. He’ll plug in on the Leafs’ third line and provide help on the penalty kill and a lot more sandpaper to the lineup.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)