Jul 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
It turns out Dave Nonis’ trip to Finland was well worth it.
As we mentioned earlier today, Nonis visited Komarov to try and convince him to return to the Maple Leafs but Komarov wanted to test the market. It turns out the Leafs’ desire to bring him back was substantial as they’re giving him nearly $3 million per season to return from the KHL.
Komarov played one season with Toronto, the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign, and had four goals and nine points in 42 games. He’ll plug in on the Leafs’ third line and provide help on the penalty kill and a lot more sandpaper to the lineup.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29