Jul 1, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Robidas, 37, had a nightmarish 2013-14 campaign that featured two major leg breaks — one in late November that sidelined him for the majority of the regular season, and another one in the playoffs (after Anaheim acquired him at the deadline from Dallas).
When healthy, Robidas can be a highly effective blueliner. During the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, he appeared in all 48 games and averaged over 22 minutes a night for the Stars, recording 13 points. He also showed well for the Ducks after coming off the first leg break, appearing in 14 regular season games down the stretch while racking up five points and playing 20:37 per night.
In Toronto, he’ll be part of a new-look defense that also includes Roman Polak, acquired form St. Louis at the draft in exchange for Carl Gunnarsson. At the time of writing, the Leafs project to have a top-six defense of Robidas, Polak, Dion Phaneuf, Morgan Rielly and — assuming they can get new deals done — Jake Gardiner and Cody Franson, both of whom are RFAs.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)