Jul 1, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Robidas, 37, had a nightmarish 2013-14 campaign that featured two major leg breaks — one in late November that sidelined him for the majority of the regular season, and another one in the playoffs (after Anaheim acquired him at the deadline from Dallas).
When healthy, Robidas can be a highly effective blueliner. During the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign, he appeared in all 48 games and averaged over 22 minutes a night for the Stars, recording 13 points. He also showed well for the Ducks after coming off the first leg break, appearing in 14 regular season games down the stretch while racking up five points and playing 20:37 per night.
In Toronto, he’ll be part of a new-look defense that also includes Roman Polak, acquired form St. Louis at the draft in exchange for Carl Gunnarsson. At the time of writing, the Leafs project to have a top-six defense of Robidas, Polak, Dion Phaneuf, Morgan Rielly and — assuming they can get new deals done — Jake Gardiner and Cody Franson, both of whom are RFAs.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 6
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 17
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)