Jul 1, 2014, 2:37 PM EST
We asked yesterday if T.J. Brennan would get a shot with an NHL club after being named the AHL’s defenseman of the year in 2013-14.
Well, he’s getting one. The 25-year-old has reportedly signed a one-year, one-way deal with the New York Islanders worth $600,000.
Brennan led the Toronto Marlies with 72 points (25G, 47A) during the 2013-14 regular season, then added 14 more points in 14 playoff games. But despite all the points he was piling up in the minors, he couldn’t crack a crowded Maple Leafs defense.
Brennan has four goals and seven assists in 40 career NHL games with Buffalo and Florida.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)