Jul 1, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
We asked yesterday if T.J. Brennan would get a shot with an NHL club after being named the AHL’s defenseman of the year in 2013-14.
Well, he’s getting one. The 25-year-old has reportedly signed a one-year, one-way deal with the New York Islanders worth $600,000.
Brennan led the Toronto Marlies with 72 points (25G, 47A) during the 2013-14 regular season, then added 14 more points in 14 playoff games. But despite all the points he was piling up in the minors, he couldn’t crack a crowded Maple Leafs defense.
Brennan has four goals and seven assists in 40 career NHL games with Buffalo and Florida.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)