Jul 1, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
We asked yesterday if T.J. Brennan would get a shot with an NHL club after being named the AHL’s defenseman of the year in 2013-14.
Well, he’s getting one. The 25-year-old has reportedly signed a one-year, one-way deal with the New York Islanders worth $600,000.
Brennan led the Toronto Marlies with 72 points (25G, 47A) during the 2013-14 regular season, then added 14 more points in 14 playoff games. But despite all the points he was piling up in the minors, he couldn’t crack a crowded Maple Leafs defense.
Brennan has four goals and seven assists in 40 career NHL games with Buffalo and Florida.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33