Jul 1, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
We asked yesterday if T.J. Brennan would get a shot with an NHL club after being named the AHL’s defenseman of the year in 2013-14.
Well, he’s getting one. The 25-year-old has reportedly signed a one-year, one-way deal with the New York Islanders worth $600,000.
Brennan led the Toronto Marlies with 72 points (25G, 47A) during the 2013-14 regular season, then added 14 more points in 14 playoff games. But despite all the points he was piling up in the minors, he couldn’t crack a crowded Maple Leafs defense.
Brennan has four goals and seven assists in 40 career NHL games with Buffalo and Florida.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)