Jul 1, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
We asked yesterday if T.J. Brennan would get a shot with an NHL club after being named the AHL’s defenseman of the year in 2013-14.
Well, he’s getting one. The 25-year-old has reportedly signed a one-year, one-way deal with the New York Islanders worth $600,000.
Brennan led the Toronto Marlies with 72 points (25G, 47A) during the 2013-14 regular season, then added 14 more points in 14 playoff games. But despite all the points he was piling up in the minors, he couldn’t crack a crowded Maple Leafs defense.
Brennan has four goals and seven assists in 40 career NHL games with Buffalo and Florida.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5