Jul 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens are going to make it tough to take the puck away from them.
Gilbert, 31, joins a Montreal defensive corps that already had P.K. Subban and Andrei Markov who are strong on the puck. Last season with the Florida Panthers, he had three goals and 25 assists and averaged 21:20 of ice time per game.
Big minutes and big responsibilities were what he had in Florida and now he’ll join a busy crew in Montreal.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39