Jul 1, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens are going to make it tough to take the puck away from them.
Gilbert, 31, joins a Montreal defensive corps that already had P.K. Subban and Andrei Markov who are strong on the puck. Last season with the Florida Panthers, he had three goals and 25 assists and averaged 21:20 of ice time per game.
Big minutes and big responsibilities were what he had in Florida and now he’ll join a busy crew in Montreal.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32