Jul 1, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
Free agency turned into a great day for Clayton Stoner.
The deal is a curious one as Stoner played in 63 games for the Minnesota Wild last season and had a goal and four assists as well as 84 penalty minutes.
Stoner, 29, has never been a top-pair defender with Minnesota and averaged just 13:20 of ice time last season. A career third-pairing defenseman making over $3 million a season might not sit too well with teams hoping to land depth defensemen inexpensively.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8