Jul 1, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Free agency turned into a great day for Clayton Stoner.
The deal is a curious one as Stoner played in 63 games for the Minnesota Wild last season and had a goal and four assists as well as 84 penalty minutes.
Stoner, 29, has never been a top-pair defender with Minnesota and averaged just 13:20 of ice time last season. A career third-pairing defenseman making over $3 million a season might not sit too well with teams hoping to land depth defensemen inexpensively.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 13
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 63
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 27
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (63)