Jul 1, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Free agency turned into a great day for Clayton Stoner.
The deal is a curious one as Stoner played in 63 games for the Minnesota Wild last season and had a goal and four assists as well as 84 penalty minutes.
Stoner, 29, has never been a top-pair defender with Minnesota and averaged just 13:20 of ice time last season. A career third-pairing defenseman making over $3 million a season might not sit too well with teams hoping to land depth defensemen inexpensively.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6