Jul 1, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Dan Boyle has signed a two-year, $9 million deal to join the New York Rangers.
Boyle, 37, was a hot commodity despite the San Jose Sharks deciding to move on from the veteran defenseman. He’s a right-handed shot who can quarterback the power play — something the Rangers needed.
Boyle had 12 goals and 24 assists this past season in San Jose. Six of his goals and 12 of his assists were with the man advantage.
With the signing of Boyle, it appears Anton Stralman will not be back with the Rangers next season.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)