Jul 1, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Dan Boyle has signed a two-year, $9 million deal to join the New York Rangers.
Boyle, 37, was a hot commodity despite the San Jose Sharks deciding to move on from the veteran defenseman. He’s a right-handed shot who can quarterback the power play — something the Rangers needed.
Boyle had 12 goals and 24 assists this past season in San Jose. Six of his goals and 12 of his assists were with the man advantage.
With the signing of Boyle, it appears Anton Stralman will not be back with the Rangers next season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5