Jul 1, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Dan Boyle has signed a two-year, $9 million deal to join the New York Rangers.
Boyle, 37, was a hot commodity despite the San Jose Sharks deciding to move on from the veteran defenseman. He’s a right-handed shot who can quarterback the power play — something the Rangers needed.
Boyle had 12 goals and 24 assists this past season in San Jose. Six of his goals and 12 of his assists were with the man advantage.
With the signing of Boyle, it appears Anton Stralman will not be back with the Rangers next season.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)