Jul 1, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Dan Boyle has signed a two-year, $9 million deal to join the New York Rangers.
Boyle, 37, was a hot commodity despite the San Jose Sharks deciding to move on from the veteran defenseman. He’s a right-handed shot who can quarterback the power play — something the Rangers needed.
Boyle had 12 goals and 24 assists this past season in San Jose. Six of his goals and 12 of his assists were with the man advantage.
With the signing of Boyle, it appears Anton Stralman will not be back with the Rangers next season.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)