Jul 1, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Dan Boyle has signed a two-year, $9 million deal to join the New York Rangers.
Boyle, 37, was a hot commodity despite the San Jose Sharks deciding to move on from the veteran defenseman. He’s a right-handed shot who can quarterback the power play – something the Rangers needed.
Boyle had 12 goals and 24 assists this past season in San Jose. Six of his goals and 12 of his assists were with the man advantage.
With the signing of Boyle, it appears Anton Stralman will not be back with the Rangers next season.
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)