Jul 1, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
Carolina has been largely quiet today, but made a somewhat significant move in bringing back winger Jiri Tlusty on a one-year, $2.95 million deal.
Tlusty, 26, has been one of the better values in the league over the last two years — playing at a $1.6 million cap hit, he racked up 23 goals and 38 points during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign and, while he failed to produce at that clip this year, still finished with 16 goals and 30 points in 68 games.
Having shown good chemistry on a line with captain Eric Staal and Alexander Semin, Tlusty could be in line for a more productive ’14-15 campaign provided he and his linemates can stay healthy. Tlusty missed a good chunk of time last year to injury while Semin missed 12 games with a concussion and a handful of games down the stretch with a wrist injury, which he underwent surgery on this summer.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 45
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)