Jul 1, 2014, 2:56 PM EST
Carolina has been largely quiet today, but made a somewhat significant move in bringing back winger Jiri Tlusty on a one-year, $2.95 million deal.
Tlusty, 26, has been one of the better values in the league over the last two years — playing at a $1.6 million cap hit, he racked up 23 goals and 38 points during the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign and, while he failed to produce at that clip this year, still finished with 16 goals and 30 points in 68 games.
Having shown good chemistry on a line with captain Eric Staal and Alexander Semin, Tlusty could be in line for a more productive ’14-15 campaign provided he and his linemates can stay healthy. Tlusty missed a good chunk of time last year to injury while Semin missed 12 games with a concussion and a handful of games down the stretch with a wrist injury, which he underwent surgery on this summer.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 18
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 5
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 15
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 10
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4