Jul 1, 2014, 5:37 PM EDT
Brian Boyle is off to Tampa Bay. The big 29-year-old forward has signed a three-year, $6 million contract with the Lightning after spending the last five seasons with the New York Rangers.
Boyle will be hoping he can play a larger role with “more responsibility” than the one he was given under Rangers coach Alain Vigneault.
Boyle scored just six time in 82 games during this past regular season, averaging 12:46 of ice time. He formed part of an effective fourth line for the Rangers in the playoffs, but “everyone obviously wants to score more goals.”
In 2010-11, Boyle scored a career-high 21 goals for the Rangers; however, he hasn’t approached that mark since.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)