Jul 1, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before, but Dale Tallon has acquired another ex-Chicago Blackhawk.
This time, it’s center Dave Bolland — the former ‘Hawk and Maple Leaf has agreed to a five-year, $27.5 million deal with the Florida Panthers.
“Me and Dale go back a while,” Bolland told TSN, adding that Tallon “brought that Stanley Cup team to Chicago” before saying he feels that Tallon can do the same thing in Florida.
“I’m going to come in there and help some of these young guys out,” Bolland said, noting that the Panthers have Roberto Luongo in goal as well as some “great young centerman.”
One of the most talked-about free agents on the market, Bolland negotiated long and hard on an extension with Toronto before finally deciding to join his ex-GM in Florida. The pair spent several years together with the ‘Hawks, before Tallon was relieved of his duties and Bolland was shipped to the Leafs in a cap-relief move last summer.
Earlier today, the Panthers made another big splash in free agency by agreeing to terms with LW Jussi Jokinen on a four-year, $16 million deal.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)