Jul 1, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before, but Dale Tallon has acquired another ex-Chicago Blackhawk.
This time, it’s center Dave Bolland — the former ‘Hawk and Maple Leaf has agreed to a five-year, $27.5 million deal with the Florida Panthers.
“Me and Dale go back a while,” Bolland told TSN, adding that Tallon “brought that Stanley Cup team to Chicago” before saying he feels that Tallon can do the same thing in Florida.
“I’m going to come in there and help some of these young guys out,” Bolland said, noting that the Panthers have Roberto Luongo in goal as well as some “great young centerman.”
One of the most talked-about free agents on the market, Bolland negotiated long and hard on an extension with Toronto before finally deciding to join his ex-GM in Florida. The pair spent several years together with the ‘Hawks, before Tallon was relieved of his duties and Bolland was shipped to the Leafs in a cap-relief move last summer.
Earlier today, the Panthers made another big splash in free agency by agreeing to terms with LW Jussi Jokinen on a four-year, $16 million deal.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 11
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)