Jul 1, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before, but Dale Tallon has acquired another ex-Chicago Blackhawk.
This time, it’s center Dave Bolland — the former ‘Hawk and Maple Leaf has agreed to a five-year, $27.5 million deal with the Florida Panthers.
“Me and Dale go back a while,” Bolland told TSN, adding that Tallon “brought that Stanley Cup team to Chicago” before saying he feels that Tallon can do the same thing in Florida.
“I’m going to come in there and help some of these young guys out,” Bolland said, noting that the Panthers have Roberto Luongo in goal as well as some “great young centerman.”
One of the most talked-about free agents on the market, Bolland negotiated long and hard on an extension with Toronto before finally deciding to join his ex-GM in Florida. The pair spent several years together with the ‘Hawks, before Tallon was relieved of his duties and Bolland was shipped to the Leafs in a cap-relief move last summer.
Earlier today, the Panthers made another big splash in free agency by agreeing to terms with LW Jussi Jokinen on a four-year, $16 million deal.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 30
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)