Jul 1, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
Stop us if you’ve heard this one before, but Dale Tallon has acquired another ex-Chicago Blackhawk.
This time, it’s center Dave Bolland — the former ‘Hawk and Maple Leaf has agreed to a five-year, $27.5 million deal with the Florida Panthers.
“Me and Dale go back a while,” Bolland told TSN, adding that Tallon “brought that Stanley Cup team to Chicago” before saying he feels that Tallon can do the same thing in Florida.
“I’m going to come in there and help some of these young guys out,” Bolland said, noting that the Panthers have Roberto Luongo in goal as well as some “great young centerman.”
One of the most talked-about free agents on the market, Bolland negotiated long and hard on an extension with Toronto before finally deciding to join his ex-GM in Florida. The pair spent several years together with the ‘Hawks, before Tallon was relieved of his duties and Bolland was shipped to the Leafs in a cap-relief move last summer.
Earlier today, the Panthers made another big splash in free agency by agreeing to terms with LW Jussi Jokinen on a four-year, $16 million deal.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)