Jun 30, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets are keeping their defensive depth in tact.
The team has re-signed blue liner Adam Pardy to a one-year contract. TSN’s Darren Dreger says it’s worth $700,000. That works out to be a $100,000 raise on the deal the team signed him to last summer after departing the Buffalo Sabres.
In 60 games with the Jets, Pardy had no goals and six assists and provided sturdy depth and competent minutes when needed.
Perhaps he’ll have a “helmet protection clause” in his new deal. In case you forgot, he had his helmet stolen off his head when he went through the glass in Chicago. A seemingly intoxicated fan stole it away and wore it like a conquering hero.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)