Jun 30, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets are keeping their defensive depth in tact.
The team has re-signed blue liner Adam Pardy to a one-year contract. TSN’s Darren Dreger says it’s worth $700,000. That works out to be a $100,000 raise on the deal the team signed him to last summer after departing the Buffalo Sabres.
In 60 games with the Jets, Pardy had no goals and six assists and provided sturdy depth and competent minutes when needed.
Perhaps he’ll have a “helmet protection clause” in his new deal. In case you forgot, he had his helmet stolen off his head when he went through the glass in Chicago. A seemingly intoxicated fan stole it away and wore it like a conquering hero.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)