Niskanen’s agent is confident he can get 7-year deal for ‘premier defenseman in the free agent market’
Jun 30, 2014, 11:06 AM EST
From Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post:
Ah, the advantages of becoming an unrestricted free agent at age 27. Among pending UFAs under 30, no defenseman is in a stronger position than Matt Niskanen heading into Tuesday’s frenzy. Anton Stralman, also 27, is maybe the closest.
Sheehy also thinks his client is “certainly the premier defenseman in the free agent market.” Which is debatable given Christian Ehrhoff‘s sudden availability, but Niskanen has the advantage of being a right-handed shot, and lots of teams are looking for one of those.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15